I’ve been busy in my sunny sewing place, making up several things to be ready for fall. But I decided to take a quick break to make a post of an early, early blanket I made.
This blanket nearly qualifies for the designation of “crazy quilt.” It’s such a mix of things:
lovely wool, “bad wool” (high synthetic content), heavy sweaters and thin ones, textures going every which direction, and colors that don’t really blend. I just threw it all in there. This experimentation taught me so much. [Nota bene: I don’t buy bad wool anymore.]
But in fact this blanket is saved from any “crazy” nomenclature by two things:
the uniformity of the squares and the powerful restraint of the plaid. I find it pretty amazing.
Incidentally, we have used this blanket a ton for over five years and it is still holding up great. Those lacy patches in particular have surprised me with their durability.
All right, time for me to get back to the sewing machine :)
“A Plaid Affair” (72″ x 74″)
This blanket already has a home.